Behind the lens.
Hi! My name is Kala Sanmartin and welcome!
When we were dating, my husband noticed that I had out-grown my point and shoot camera and gifted me with my first SLR camera. Today, documenting people’s special moments brings a lot of joy and fulfillment to my life.
To get to know me a little bit better here are some things you might not know about me:
- I am the momma to a little warrior named Corbin Donato. My son has taught me what unconditional love is and has showed me how resilient little ones can be. Corbin was born with a rare birth defect called Hirschsprung’s Disease.
- My nephew really made me realize how important it is to document all those little moments via photography
- I’m a registered nurse working in emergency
- I have a twin sister, and if I’m not working you can usually find me with her
- I was raised on a farm and graduated high school with less than 30 classmates, most of whom I met in preschool
- I love my little family, my curly hair and photography!
Photograph by Lacey White Photography